* Thanks to phone calls, letters, in-person meetings with Mill Valley administrative staff and testimony at the Mill Valley city council meeting by members of your Board, especially Don Simborg (no longer on the Board) and Ray Taylor, and the Board of the Shelter Bay Homeowner’s Association, we will be the recipients of new roadway resurfacing on Shelter Bay Ave. in 2016. Look for upcoming news on this momentous event happening in our community, which was passed in October at the Mill Valley Council Meeting. Shelter Bay Ave. and the balance of Hamilton will be receiving a long overdue facelift!
* Mill Valley Council meeting on Oct. 18th handed down a decision that Mill Valley would join the county and eight other cities and towns in regulating smoking in multifamily units: San Anselmo and Corte Madera adopted ordinances last year. For more info go to: http://cityofmillvalley.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=879
* The hot tub, which has a Shut Off Switch is only to be used for true emergencies and not to be used to just turn off the tub when finished. Thank you!
* If you decide to go for a swim, it might be a bit chilly now, since the heat is officially turned off till the spring, but the hot tub will be open for your enjoyment.
* Sunrise Pointe to receive new roofs and possibly solar hot water preheating systems in 2016
The Sunrise Pointe Board voted at the October meeting to proceed with replacing our 30-year-old roofs in 2016, thanks in part to the special assessment voted in 2011. The Board also approved proceeding with replacement of the solar hot water preheating system pending further investigation of the tax credit and existing plumbing. The Board extends special thanks to the Roof and Solar Committee!
* Everyone did such a wonderful job of conserving water this year. YTD we are 12% under budget! Thank you all for your support. Your efforts have helped our community and will continue to do so!